Its 11 pm and I should be sleepy and ready to climb into my large and empty bed. Instead I'm in bed, but wishing I was making cookies and singing really loud to Joni Mitchell or Regina, something I can really belt. I wish I was snuggled against someone. Someone who I could wake up extra early for to make breakfast in bed for two.
Its 11 pm on a Friday and I am looking forward to the day that "date night" will actually include a date. I want someone I can shower with gifts and stupid text messages. I want someone to cry with when I'm too tired to think. I want someone to laugh with when its the only thing I can do to keep from crying. Someone to laugh out loud with when watching something funny (I always feel strange laughing out loud alone). Someone who'll try all my stupid recipes and put up with me neglecting the laundry a whole week more. Someone who will tell me when I have something in my teeth.
Thats all I want, someone to tell me when I have something stuck in my teeth. Its not really romantic is it? I'm not a pathetic woman blogging at 11 pm on a Friday night in bed, alone, forgoing washing her face because she's not in the mood. I'm a pragmatical human who needs a partner to tell her when a chipotle bean has been in her teeth since lunch. That's all.
1 comment:
food in the teeth is the thing that generally drives people to commitment. That's why smoothies are undermining our society. People are drinking their nourishment-food blended so smoothly that nothing ever gets stuck in one's teeth. Sociologists are concerned that smoothies have negated many people's immediate need for a partner and that soon our society will die out.
Post a Comment